Discuss.FOLIO.org is no longer used. This is a static snapshot of the website as of February 14, 2023.

Automated Slack Invitations now available

peter
26 Aug '16

There is now a web page for self-service FOLIO Slack invitations:

https://slack-invitation.folio.org

If you run into problems, please let me know. Thanks to @andreashm for helping with the testing.

Christopher_Spalding
26 Aug '16

This is great @peter! Would you like a CNAME for the AWS server? You could then have it rewrite on the box to the the associated path. Also, should we move this into the upcoming community page on the folio.org site?

peter
26 Aug '16

Yes – that’d be great. I’ll send you the details privately. I’ve already mentioned this page to @tamir for the upcoming community page on the main folio website.

patrickpeiffer
31 Aug '16

slack signup page now says “Fail” when trying to signup.

peter
31 Aug '16

Thanks for the report. We seem to have reached a limit in Slack; I’m investigating now.

peter
31 Aug '16

I think the problem might have been too many outstanding invitations that had not been accepted. Please try again and report back success or fail. Thanks!

ehartnett
31 Aug '16

Hi Peter, I just tried and got the “Fail” message.

peter
31 Aug '16

Thanks @ehartnett – I’m seeing an error from the Slack API again – response code 200 with body

{
    "ok": false,
    "error": "invite_limit_reached"
} 

Checking further.

peter
1 Sep '16

Created an issue to track this. Will be working on it this morning: [FOLIO-290] Slack invitations failing

peter
1 Sep '16

@ehartnett - I’ve heard back from Slack that the limit has been lifted for our team. Could you try again, please and report back success or failure either here or on the [FOLIO-290] Slack invitations failing issues ticket?

ehartnett
1 Sep '16

I was able to create an account now. Thanks for your help.

peter
1 Sep '16

Thank you, @ehartnett

peter
1 Sep '16

Thank you, @ehartnett

patrickpeiffer
2 Sep '16

thanks Peter, slack invites work again

peter
5 Jul '17

A post was split to a new topic: Problem with Slack sign-up page