Discuss.FOLIO.org is no longer used. This is a static snapshot of the website as of February 14, 2023.

Details about Koha’s exploration and implementation of a RESTful API

Viktor
19 Oct '16

Thank you for the swift reply @peter I know that the Koha community has put a lot of work lately into a new REST API layer, but there is certainly room for solving things in the base system in different ways. I guess I’ll have to dig a little deeper myself and see where the two projects could learn from each other. But as someone who codes from time to time I know the frustration of people only seeing frontend. Major infrastructure development is often judged on the Bootstrap theme you used to slap together a quick demo :slight_smile:

peter
19 Oct '16

You’re welcome, @Viktor – happy to provide some context. I wasn’t aware of the REST API layer work in Koha, so I went hunting for some documentation. This is what I found; did I miss anything?

Viktor
19 Oct '16

I’ve been away from active development for 6 months now @peter so I’m not updated but I do have a feeling that there has been quite a lot done than at least reflected in the RFC. I know they decided to use Swagger spring 2015 and a quick search for “REST API” on bugzilla gives some indication at least of how it’s going https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=REST%20API (though I’m not sure how many of those are in the omnibus).

peter
19 Oct '16

Thanks again for this info. Since FOLIO is also working from a RESTful API, it’ll be good to compare notes with what Koha is doing.