Discuss.FOLIO.org is no longer used. This is a static snapshot of the website as of February 14, 2023.

User permissions, UX iteration 3

filipjakobsen
5 Jun '17

Please note: This video presents our optimal vision for this feature in FOLIO; What you see in this prototype is what we are working towards in the long run, and might not all be present in the first, developed version. Please help us improve it — share your questions, constructive feedback and ideas in the comments below.

Sally
29 Sep '17

As access to licensed resources expire, can the patron see the expiration date? Would it be possible to send a reminder that their access privileges need to be renewed? I’m thinking specifically of patrons who are not part of the University, but are sponsored by a current faculty. There is a specific start and end date to the sponsorship that must be renewed each year. Sometimes the sponsored patron is overseas when suddenly their access to licensed resources is cut off and they don’t know why.

Also, as students graduate, how are their borrowing privileges changed from currently matriculated to alumni?

maura
13 Dec '17

I apologize if this is too late to comment.

I’m the person who usually defines user permissions for staff at my library, and this setup looks like something I can work with. I have a couple of questions.

1. Can we search for a user not just by their name but by another unique identifier? I’ve spent years defining users by their computer IDs or e-mail addresses, and it comes in handy with a name that is really common, or easily misspelled, or if a user goes more by a nickname than their given name.
  2. Is there a way to close down (and reopen) panes of the screen? I’d like the option to resize the screen if I can.

Aside from these two questions, this looks good to me. I like the permissions sets very much.