Stacks and the Acquisitions Small Group will be discussing acquisitions reports in the coming weeks. In preparation for that discussion, please provide some information in replies to this post. We can also set up a folder for sample reports if that would make it easier to share report examples.
What are common reports run against Acquisitions data? (orders, invoices, funds, vendors)
Who is the audience for the reports? Selectors, Admin, End of FY
Scheduled or ad hoc? Frequency?
How detailed/broken down does the data need to be? For example, if analyzing a payment for a package, is there a need to assign cost for individual journals?
What other kinds of data does order/financial data need to hit against, e.g. bib data, circ data, COUNTER usage data, classification, what else?
Some examples - please provide other examples as well as sample reports (please remove any financial data if library considers it sensitive)
- Usage data vs cost of online journals = cost per use report
- Track costs across FYs to analyze trends
- Purchases by title for endowed funds
- Orders/purchases by subject area or selectors
- Annual expenditures by various categories (type of order, format, subject, location, vendor, etc.)