I’m working on revisions to the Agreements listing (search/filter) wireframe, last discussed in the document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S9CtUHhKIhVWxQiB6p5-9dSfJCH7Pj-LhP_8SUN1_Wk. A number of date fields relating to agreements have been mentioned by users so I thought it worth having a discussion around them. I’ve asked a few questions but any thoughts you have about dates and their use in the context of agreements are very welcome.
Agreement start date
- How important is the start date when managing agreements?
- What would you use it for in the agreement listing (e.g. sorting?).
- Do all agreements have a start date?
Date last updated
- Should this be the date the agreement record was updated or the date any aspect of the agreement was updated e.g. the licence document?
These three are all related to an agreement ending or coming up for renewal.
Agreement end date
- How do you use the end date and is it more important than the two dates below?
- Is this deadline always set by the provider?
- What proportion of agreements have a cancellation deadline?
Internal content review date - an internal decision deadline which is set prior to cancellation. It could be tied into workflow eventually.
- Will all agreements have an internal content review date?
Will you make use of all these dates or are there some which some institutions will not need?
A key requirement is to be able to show Agreements which are coming up for review or renewal. When you are managing renewals, which date(s) do you use and how do you use them?
My aim is to finalise which agreement dates are needed and how they will be used in the ERM app. At the moment I’m thinking mostly about what you would find most useful as filters and in column sorts, but as dates will play an important part in workflow, reporting/analysis and specific ERM tasks it’s worth considering them in the wider sense. Thanks!