At the end of the first day of the Copenhagen FOLIO meet-up, the attendees listed these ideas as possible topics for the second day.
- How flexible is the data model? Can I put things other than MARC in it and deal with the data?
- Need more about APIs and interfaces. How will FOLIO integrate with other systems? How do we get metadata from GoKB or EBSCO or other places? How will it handle data interchange from many sources? (What are the target systems and interchange formats?)
- In addition to APIs for communication with the outside world (above), how are APIs being used for efficient communication within the FOLIO system?
- Thoughts on how to handle holdings and items. The project has been looking at how digital entitlements and physical holdings are similar at a conceptual level. Can holdings data and knowledge bases be merged?
- How can FOLIO be used to leverage groups of libraries? (by region or by topic/academic-discipline)
Other ideas? Add them as replies to this topic.