These are the notes that I took as the technical group reported out to the attendees. If I missed something or there are further explanations, please add them!
- Tension between a coherent user interface across all of FOLIO versus having branded apps
- Mechanism for distributing apps; at this point there isn’t a plan for a global “app store” and/or a process for vetting apps. This will happen at every installation/hosting organization.
- Need for support for non-RESTful protocols; building gateways in RAML to speak Z39.50 or NCIP, for instance.
- The technical possibility of using the domain models and modules while building a different app layer
- Definition of roles and permissions: apps use pre-defined permissions or apps having the ability to define their own. Also, allowing for admins to define roles or have standard system roles.