In the ERM Subgroup (June 2019) we have been discussing the review of electronic resources with a view to making renewal or cancellation decisions. Based on that discussion (minuted in https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zUpam2ATaXF_UgrK9sLA3qizZ1jbDDhbiKqs3U2dWfo/edit) and also the TERMS toolkit https://library.hud.ac.uk/blogs/terms/ and associated workflow diagrams such as https://library.hud.ac.uk/blogs/files/TERMS/TERMS4_Pub_changesplatform.pdf, I’ve broken down the process into the following headings:
- Alert: Make sure staff know a review process needs to be started
- Inform: Access key information about current agreement/subscription
- Review: Access key information about (changing) content and terms
- Decide: Make a decision on what happens
- Action/Record: Action outcome of decision and record that this has been done
The purpose of this is to ensure our understanding of the processes involved as we design functionality to support the process in Agreements and Licenses - note that this breakdown is not meant to represent a set of discrete workflows in the Folio apps but more about ensuring we understand the process well enough to be able to design functionality to support it fully.
I’d be interested if people feel this represents the process well, or if there are steps missing (or things that are not required). I’m going to post further discussion posts about the headings here with slightly more description and to get feedback on what we need to support - so in response to this post, I’m mainly interested in feedback on whether the broad steps are correct