Discuss.FOLIO.org is no longer used. This is a static snapshot of the website as of February 14, 2023.

Form Builder linked to “Apps” (by Sae Ra Germaine)

alvet
15 Jul '17

peter
17 Jul '17

@msmarymac – Could you describe some more about what you are looking for here?

msmarymac
20 Jul '17

@peter – Libraries have to build forms quite frequently to be able to cater to various needs eg Copyright Compliance, feedback, surveys etc. so to be able to create forms and link between patron records and ILL or other modules would be very valuable.

filipjakobsen
20 Jul '17

This is a great idea!

michael.winkler
20 Jul '17

I’d built such a forms engine back in the day that built a consistent form interface that had several user selectable field types and actions for when the form is submitted. @msmarymac is right that libraries build many of these, often around services in libraries that were not directly related to ILS-type functionality. The analog form replaced by these forms were often paper-based services. I’d be interested in discussion more about use cases and submit actions desired for such forms.

peter
20 Jul '17

Interesting idea, @msmarymac! I like this idea because it stretches how we think about the FOLIO platform. In this case to include an app that patrons would directly use (as they provide input to a form).

filipjakobsen
20 Jul '17

The forms wouldn’t have to be shown inside the FOLIO interface if they are to be used by e.g. people who do not have a profile. That might be relevant, but in any case, a FOLIO that allows you to create embeddable forms for other websites could improve a lot of workflows. The ones mentioned, and also something like patron requests or patron support.

peter
25 Sep '18

See 📝 Forms, UX iteration 1 for follow-up discussion.