Discuss.FOLIO.org is no longer used. This is a static snapshot of the website as of February 14, 2023.

:information_source: UX documentation site

filipjakobsen
3 May '18

Hi everyone,

UX documentation site
Thanks to the hard work of @Stephanie and @rasmuswoelk, you can now access the FOLIO UX documentation on ux.folio.org.

Feedback
The site is in a perpetual state of change and will grow and develop in time. If you have any ideas or advice on how we should develop the site further, feel free to comment on this issue, or to contact me directly on Slack or email.

massoud
1 Feb '19

Hi,
Is this SIG dedicated for FOLIO Users Guides Documentation ?

If so, I hope that FOLIO user guides will be built online. This is a new trend getting popular in OSS projects, where online contextual help user guides are accessible from a help button to take the user to a page in the user guide provided via a web site.
You can see this happening with the latest Koha ILS 18.11. For example, the following help page appears when you ask Koha for helpful documentation while you are at Koha Circulation module main page:
https://koha-community.org//manual/18.11/en/html/circulation.html

Thanks,
Massoud.

filipjakobsen
9 Apr '19

Hi Massoud,

It sounds like you might be referring to something like the “Help” app in FOLIO, a UX prototype of which you can find here: https://ux.folio.org/prototype/en/help?view=full. Short term, the functionality of the Help app is being achieved by utilizing a Confluence setup — @Ann-Marie or @peter can perhaps provide some links or information about the latter.

Thanks!

massoud
10 Apr '19

Than you filipjakobsen
Yes. I watched all four episodes
on the ‘Help’ app by Kimie_OuYang
. It is very smart idea, extending the concept of FOLIO as the Platform that is manufactured for Innovations.
@Ann-Marie @peter

Thanks,
Massoud M. AlShareef, The

world of achievements is always aligned with the optimists

The world of achievement has always belonged to the optimist!

KnowledgeWare Technologies
(PO Box 241619, Riyadh 11322)

3671 Shaikh Abdullah Ben Almakhthoub St.

(Offie # 6, 1st Floor, Naeem Al Jihany Bld,)

Al Wady Dist., Riyadh 13313-7555

kingdom Saudi Arabia
Cel: +966 505 307 267
Email: massoud@kwareict.com
Blog: blog.maktabat-guides.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This communication and any attachments hereto contain information that may be privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure, and may be covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, as well as other applicable laws. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the employee or agent entrusted with the responsibility of delivering the message to the intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying or distribution of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication by mistake, please delete and notify the sender immediately. Thank your for your compliance.

peter
12 Apr '19

There has not yet been any work on developing end-user documentation for FOLIO apps. There has been discussion in the Product Council Executive Committee meeting about needing to find people resources to create at least a style guide for documentation, then figuring out how to divvy up the responsibility for developing the documentation for individual apps. I expect a proposal of some sort will make its way to the Product Council.

filipjakobsen
15 Apr '19

@Ann-Marie, can you help shed light on how far we got with the end user documentation setup in relation to Data Import? I had understood that we had set up a Confluence structure that we use to link to from within FOLIO as a quick way to get a “help” style function up and running.