Discuss.FOLIO.org is no longer used. This is a static snapshot of the website as of February 14, 2023.

Welcome Russian and Chinese translators!

peter
15 Oct '19

This week I added Russian and Chinese (Traditional) languages to Lokalise and sent invitations to 7 volunteers for translators in these languages. Welcome to the FOLIO Project!

As a reminder, you can see the FOLIO user interface in other languages using the “Developer” settings.

Volunteers interested in helping with the translation of the FOLIO user interface can contact me and I will add you to Lokalise.

j.kerez
2 Mar '20

Dear Peter,
I represent the Library for Natural Sciences of the Russian Academy of Sciences. I am interested in helping with the translation of the FOLIO user interface into Russian. Could you please add me to Lokalise?
Yours sincerely,
Yana Kerez

peter
2 Mar '20

Hello Yana! Thank you for volunteering to help with the translation of strings for FOLIO apps. Just before this message, you received an email from Lokalise to sign up for an account at that service. We are using Lokalise to manage the translation of strings for the FOLIO Project. We don’t have any FOLIO-specific documentation for Lokalise; Lokalise offers a getting started for translators document that walks through the user interface.

I’ve also added you to the “translators” group here on discuss.folio.org, so you will receive updates about the translation process. Feel free to post questions to the translators group if you run into issues.

On behalf of the worldwide FOLIO community, thank you for offering your expertise to the project.

j.kerez
3 Mar '20

Dear Peter,

Thank you very much for your reply and for the information.

Yours sincerely,

Yana Kerez

j.kerez
6 Mar '20

Hello everyone! This is Jana, I am the Russian translator. I have a question about the meaning of Folio terms. Could you possibly send me some methodical recommendations for librarians?

Jie-ci
22 Apr '21

Hi Peter,

Could you help to export Chinese Simplified words to untranslated Chinese Traditional words ?
It would be much efficient to modify Chinese Simplified words to Chinese Traditional used words.

In the other hand, we can figure out the system words more precisely by translated Chinese Simplified words.
It helps a lot in picking out the precise Chinese Traditional words.

Thank you !

peter
22 Apr '21

Yes! Easily done. I just completed this copy.

Jie-ci
23 Apr '21

Hi Peter,

Thank you very much !! =))

University_Librarian
2 Jul '21

Peter, I can translate it in Indian languages too.